The Genius School’s Young Entrepreneur Academy is a 4 week microschool empowering young people to launch their own digital business as entrepreneurs.
The program runs from 26th July - 20th August 2021
60 young leaders will spend one to two hours a day learning how to launch their own business. From being a podcaster to building an app or having an online store, the academy is made up of two camps: For juniors (10-13 years old) and teens (14-18 years old)
The course is delivered over four weeks with three live mentor sessions & two live implementations sessions in between. Each student has their own personal facilitator to guide them towards their final plan. Plus, awards will be given out during the graduation for participants who have the winning plans.
What you get during the Genius School's Young Entrepreneur Academy
Four weeks of expert guidance
A high impact, four week youth academy delivering the guidance and direction for each teen to create, design and launch a digital business. Mentor sessions delivered Monday, Wednesday and Friday for four weeks, giving your teen a step-by-step guide to successfully navigate the coming months. Only need to be online for one hour each day.
Small group implementation sessions
Tuesday and Thursday are implementation days in a group mentoring session with our Young Entrepreneur Academy faculty who will guide your teen through the development of their business plan. Only need to be online for one hour each day.
Understand Talent Dynamics for Young People
They get to understand how they naturally lead, learn, communicate and create flow using Talent Dynamics for Young People, a profile quiz that lets them understand their unique strengths, talents and learning styles, helping them to learn the essential skills needed for this new way of living and earning.
Opportunity to get start-up funds for their business
Each young entrepreneur will have the opportunity to present their plan and be in the running to win startup funds and other prizes
KEY LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Identify their future vision for the next year.
- Plan a profitable business with includes budgeting and knowing the financials.
- Plan a promotion strategy for their business.
- Ensure their product is meeting the needs of their ideal customer.
- Identify the best team to make their business a success.
- Identify the different business models and levels of business.
- Build trust and value through a customer pathway.
- Launch their business after the 4 week program and start earning.
- Learn how to maintain a predictable and productive rhythm of growth and development.
Five reasons to join the Young Entrepreneur Academy
1. You want your teen to improve their confidence, self esteem and grades. We utilise teaching and facilitation methods that are proven to increase confidence, create deeper connections and strengthen family relationships.
2. Your teen will learn how to effectively and quickly collaborate with others to develop highly effective communication, teamwork and leadership skills.
3. Your child will get to work with expert faculty mentors who will provide thought provoking content to help them develop their entrepreneurial mindset.
4. Each student has access to their dedicated facilitator who will guide them to set up a working business model, living and learning on purpose as an empowered future leader that ensures they are crisis-proof and know how to create their own job.