This microcourse takes you through an 8-step inquiry framework to help you design, create and present a persuasive, purpose-based presentation for a unique audience so they will step up and take action to address key global issues and challenges.
Step by step, Karen Bonanno and Leonie McIlvenny will guide you through the learning activities and explain the process to help you prepare your persuasive, purposeful project and message to be a leader & changemaker.
- Explore key global challenges and issues with like-minded learners.
- Use a range of higher-order thinking skills to develop an understanding of the depth of the global challenges.
- Identify a specific problem to solve in relation to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
- Create key questions or hypotheses to dive deeper into a chosen problem.
- Locate and curate relevant resources to address the key questions.
- Gather and synthesise information and data around the chosen problem.
- Design, create and present a persuasive, purpose-based presentation.
- Self-reflect on the learning experience; the inquiry process, the knowledge gained, and you have learnt about yourself.
Your Microdegree Mentor
Karen Bonanno is an Australian based educator and national provider of professional learning for teachers. She also owns an education consulting business focusing on helping tweens, teens and young adults find their true potential. As a Global Genius Educator with Genius School, she is involved in leading and delivering the Genius School Curriculum.